Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome to my blog. I enjoy messing around creating websites, YouTube videos, blogs and other stuff. I write this blog in my spare time to share my enthusiasm for technology, gadgets and the internet.

25/12/2009

Webcam setup

I used to have a reasonably simple webcam setup in which I used my old Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX (USB 1.1) connected to my laptop which was running yawcam. But now, I have got a new camera for Christmas. The new camera is an analogue wireless infra red CCTV camera thing.

The camera is connected to the “RADIO AV RECEIVER” wirelessly (of course) which I connected to the laptop using an EasyCAP AV to USB converter (using the Yellow and white cables) which I bought from Amazon a few weeks ago. Yawcam sees the easycap device as a webcam and then I just do what I normally do with the webcam. I’m having some problems at the moment with the wifi: whenever the camera is on, the wifi stops working and whenever the router is near the receiver, the picture looks terrible. I’m trying to fix these problems by changing the router to a higher channel like 10 whilst the camera is fixed on 3 (Although they are on different bands I just thought I would try it). So far it dosent seem to be working.

Update: I can't fix the interference problems and I think I will get some homeplugs.
Another update: I've ordered the homeplugs linked to in the first update above from misco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments with links to unrelated websites. They will not even pass through the moderation, so just don't bother.
Otherwise, you are very welcome to comment.